Maats Five Series #5: Dropping
This year it’s 5 years ago that we opened our store at the van Woustraat in Amsterdam. To celebrate this, we are organizing a series of amazing events this summer. These are events that are in line with the things we have done with Maats in recent years or events that we have wanted to organize for a long time and for which this is the perfect reason.
Dropping - Saturday Oct 14
This is a new event based on a typical Dutch concept: a dropping. Imagine a departure in the early morning hours with a touring car to an unknown destination somewhere in the Netherlands. When you arrive at the location, your bike will be waiting for you and you will receive the location of the first checkpoint.
Once you’ve reached the first checkpoint, the location of the next one will be revealed, and so on. Five checkpoints later and about 150km further you will arrive back at our Amsterdam store where we will draw up the results. This event is not just about speed; route skills, navigation and the ability to improvise will play important roles. Eternal glory awaits at the finish line...
- Saturday 14 Oct
- Gather from 06:00 at Maats Amsterdam for coffee and briefing
- Departure by bus at 07:00 to an unknown place in the Netherlands where your will get the location of the first checkpoint
- Start at sunrise at 08:00
- At each checkpoint you will receive the location of the next one
- The total route will have a length of around 150km
- Afterwards we will draw up results for: fastest individual and fastest team
- Navigation with any type of device is allowed
- Doable on 28mm road tyres
- Participate on your own or as a team of two
- Expect some surprises
- Participation is at own risk
What is included
- Coffee before departure
- Transport by touring car to start location
- Food and drinks at finish location at Maats Amsterdam
- Prizes for individuals and teams