The Maats Ride Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in ride a organized by Maats Cycling Culture v.o.f. (‘Maats’). Completion of the entry form by the participant is acknowledgement of acceptance of these Maats Ride Conditions.
Participation in a Maats ride or event is at your own risk at all times.
1. The participant acknowledges the inherent dangers and risks involved in participating in the activity. Risks may include, but are not limited to, crashes, collision with pedestrians, vehicles, other riders, or objects, and dangers arising from surface hazards, equipment failure, weather, inadequate safety equipment, use of equipment or materials provided by Maats or the participant.
2. The participant acknowledges that these risks may be caused by the participant’s own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the activity, the area and conditions in which the activity takes place, and/or the participant’s own negligence or the negligence of others, whether or not known or reasonably foreseeable at this time. The participant undertakes to obey the traffic and safety regulations, to use good judgment and acknowledges his or her duty of care to other riders.
3. The participant accepts and assumes all risks and is fully responsible for his or her actions whilst attending the event. Maats does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such action.
4. The participant is responsible for providing his or her own insurance protection for his or her participation during the event. Any accident or injury caused by any participant’s actions will be the full responsibility of that participant.
5. The participant is responsible for any fees, costs or damage incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the participant, including but not limited to costs of medical aid and ambulance or repatriation transport.
6. The participant releases and discharges his or her right to sue Maats and/or its officers and staff members ,other participating event organizers, any sponsors, advertisers and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the activities take place from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on the participant’s account.
7. Where the organized ride is led by a Maats representative, Maats will endeavor to have a reasonable ratio of riders to each leader, suitable for the riding conditions. The participant agrees to follow the instructions of Maats’ representatives and/or ride leaders at all time during the whole riding section of the event. The participant accepts that instructions and routes may deviate at the time of event.
8. The participant agrees to wear a suitable cycling helmet and cycling shoes with cleats, and use a suitable bike (no triathlon/TT-bike, TT-handlebars, city bike or fixie) during the whole riding section of the event. Maats reserves the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone without a helmet or with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
9. The participant grants Maats the irrevocable and unrestricted right and permission to use, re-use, publish, and re-publish his or her image, likeness, name and/or biographical information in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or alterations, or reproductions thereof in color or otherwise, made through any medium, and in any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, promotion, art, editorial, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever.
10. The participant understands that nothing in these Maats Ride Conditions shall limit or exclude Maats’ liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence; (b) any other matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for Maats to exclude or restrict liability. The participant also agrees however that in the event Maats is found to be liable, in no circumstances will Maats’ liability exceed EUR 1,000.
11. These Maats Ride Conditions shall be governed by Dutch law. All disputes arising out of or in connection with these Maats Ride Conditions and/or involving Maats will be resolved by the competent courts in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, to the exclusion of the jurisdiction of any other courts.